- Wash the caul fat well with water and vinegar.
- In a bowl, thoroughly mix the minced meat, salt, pepper, cinnamon, breadcrumbs, onions and parsley and mould into small egg-size shapes.
- Place the mixture over the caul fat and wrap each separately into tight packages.
- Cook over charcoal barbeque or on the grill, turning regularly until cooked evenly on all sides.
- Serve in pita bread accompanied with kebab, or just by itself. One portion is about five pieces of sheftalies
Note: Sheftalies can also be made with chicken mince.
800g minced pork
⅓ tsp Cinnamon
1 onion, finely chopped
Half bunch parsley, finely chopped
2-3 tbsp breadcrumbs (optional)
1 pork or lamb ‘panna’ (caul fat)
Salt & pepper to season